Central Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) in Danville, Illinois was recently awarded a Clergy Renewal Grant from the Eli Lilly Foundation. During the summer of 2024, our minister, Rev. Dr. Adam Harmon, will embark on a 12-week sabbatical, while the congregation will do some special reading and study of its own. We are excited for this time of renewal for all of us. In determining our grant application, the Clergy Renewal Team decided the best course for us to fill the ministerial responsibilities during this time would be to offer a Senior Ministry Interim or Internship. We are interested in furthering the education of aspiring ministers and hope the opportunity to preach, practice pastoral care and experience relational ministry will be interesting to potential candidates.
Located in Danville, IL Central Christian Church (DOC) is a friendly congregation interested in serving the needs of our community. Central’s average worship attendance is around 70 in-person and 20-30 online. Central offers a wonderful short-term opportunity for an interim or a seminary student. To find out more about Central please check out our webpage, www.cccdan.org.
Please see the Job Description included with this letter for details of the Senior Ministry Interim or Intern position. You will note the responsibilities, salary/housing and expected time commitment. Due to the special nature of this position, availability and time in Danville is negotiable. Interested applicants may apply by sending a letter of interest with references to email@example.com. Letters of interest will be accepted until February 15, 2024. We hope to hear from you soon!
Grace and Peace,
Clergy Renewal Team
Central Christian Church (DOC) Danville, IL
CENTRAL CHRISTIAN CHURCH OF DANVILLE, IL
(Disciples of Christ)
Senior Minister Interim/Intern
06/17/2024 – 09/08/2024
Central Christian Church of Danville, IL contracts with a Senior Minister Interim/Intern to perform the usual ministerial and pastoral duties and responsibilities including but not limited to the following:
The Senior Minister Interim/Intern Shall
- Work between 20 - 40 hours per week in the performance of ministerial and pastoral duties and responsibilities. It is expected that the Senior Minister Interim/Intern schedule at least one but not more than two days as days off for the regularly scheduled work week.
- Plan and carry out the regularly scheduled weekly Sunday Worship service.
- With the help of the Elders, see to the pastoral needs of the congregation. The Senior Minister Interim/Intern shall perform pastoral calls on members of the congregation who are hospitalized or in assisted care facilities and shall perform pastoral calls for other members of the congregation as needed. This could include officiating/participating in funerals and memorial services upon request of Central families.
- Be the spiritual and administrative leader of the Church and work in cooperation with the Church Resource Committee.
- Perform other duties as agreed upon between the Interim/Intern and the Clergy Renewal Team.
- Follow all requirements set forth by the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ), in its various manifestations, for ministers, including the Ministerial Code of Ethics.
- Perform these stated duties and responsibilities faithfully and to the best of their abilities at all times.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
In order to balance the needs of the congregation and the needs of the Senior Minister Interim/Intern, the following shall apply:
The Senior Minister Interim/Intern shall be given time off for the following two national
If the observance of a holiday shall fall on the Senior Minister Interim/Intern’s regularly scheduled day off, on a Sunday, or on a day of another planned worship day, the Senior Minister Interim/Intern shall take the first available work day either prior to or following the holiday.
The Senior Minister Interim/Intern shall be allotted three days of medical leave during this time period.
Paid time off will be granted to an employee because of a death in their immediate family, not to exceed three days, excluding scheduled days off. Extenuating circumstances can be reviewed for adjustments by the personnel committee.
Immediate family shall include spouse, children, brother, sister, mother, father, mother-in-law, and father-in-law.
For a grandparent's funeral, a one-day paid leave shall be granted. Employees will not receive double pay for such absence if it falls during a vacation or holiday.
Total of $9,000.00 (nine thousand dollars) for the term of the contract: $3,000.00 (three thousand dollars) per month to be paid semi-monthly.