Employee: Full Time Position
Job Title: New Beginnings Fellowship Church Student Ministries Director
Manager/Direct Report: Executive Pastor
Start Date: Open
- New Beginnings Fellowship Church Vision
The New Beginnings Fellowship Church is a ministry that has been built on principles driven by the Word of God. “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, they are a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!” (2 Corinthians 5:17). It is a place where those who are lost, troubled and broken can find strength and healing to their souls. Our environment is one where everyone can feel the love and warmth of God through the Pastor, membership and His Holy Spirit. We are a people who honor God and meet the needs of His Children with the highest level of excellence, integrity and respect.
- Purpose of the Job:
The Student Ministries Director’s role is to lead and direct the Student Ministries of NBFC (3yrs – 21 years) This person would lead the Youth, Teens and College Ministries teams to create/develop strategies that would show the love and warmth of God to the growing number of students of NBFC. This person will provide leadership, oversight, and coordination within the NBFC Youth, Teen, and College Ministries department, including clarifying and casting vision to each facilitator and volunteer serving in the ministry. In addition, this person would be responsible for ensuring those who attend NBFC regularly, as well as those who come for the first time are receiving a high-quality, consistent experience that is fun, inspiring, and safe. This person will also partner with internal staff and ministries of the church to grow the Student Ministries of the New Beginnings Fellowship Church.
- Experience and Knowledge Required:
- Ability to lead teams effectively
- Passion for the Church, NBFCs vision, people and serving in the Kingdom
- Committed and personally vested in the well-being and success of NBFC Students and Students in the Community
- Organizational, practical and goal-oriented leadership
- Knowledge of systems and structures of NBFC
- Passion for learning and excitement to learn through experience
- Loving, discerning and confident leadership
- Professional representation of NBFC and the Lord in all things
- Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Equipping leaders, servant volunteers, facilitators and staff. Includes team-building, training, supervision, and vision casting.
- Oversee the NBFC facilitators and volunteers in day-to-day affairs, including creating content and providing resources to every NBFC youth, teen, and college student.
- Spend time evaluating and developing the NBFC facilitators and volunteers while identifying next steps and providing support for efforts relating to youth, teens, and college students.
- Spend time in each ministry area for evaluation on a regular basis.
- Communicate and receive information from Facilitators through one-on-one time and weekly meetings.
- Ensure that the systems and structures in place for NBFC are used to help students take their next step.
- Regularly communicate with Pastors and other departments on behalf of the NBFC staff for all efforts, activities and status within NBFC.
V. Other Duties and Responsibilities:
Student Ministries Life Group
- Lead efforts and build teams to recruit, and train Life Group leaders.
- Provide clear direction and empower leaders, to perform ministry through small groups.
- Serve as direct oversight for Life Group leaders and remain in communication with them
- Regularly plan and facilitate meetings of Life Group leaders for the purpose of coaching, developing community and general communication.
- Create leadership activities and small group content for conferences/retreats that fits with the overall vision of the event.
- Provide support for any needs that might arise associated with a conference or retreat.
- Be available as needed to lead during the retreat/conference and fully involved.
- Employee’s possess and exhibit the following core values in their daily lives:
- Love for God
- Love for People
- Work Ethic that is excellent, protective and frugal with time and money
- Attitude of a servant, enjoyable to be with and devoted to the call of God and the Church
- Physical Demands:
VIII. Supervisory Responsibilities:
- Oversee NBFC Student Ministries Facilitators
- Oversee NBFC Student Ministries Life Group Leaders
- Required Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Proven track record of positive vocational or volunteer ministry experience
- Understanding of child/youth development
- Possesses basic knowledge of applications, but not limited to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Ability to learn or have experience with ProPresenter
To receive full consideration, application materials must include (1) a letter of interest, (2) a current resume or curriculum vitae, and (3) the names and contact information for three professional references. Application materials (in MS Word or PDF format) should be sent via e-mail attachment to email@example.com. New Beginnings Fellowship Church will not contact references without notifying applicants beforehand. Applications will be welcomed until the position is filled.