YOUTH AND SUNDAY SCHOOL COORDINATOR
St. John’s United Church of Christ
7031 S. East Street
Indianapolis, IN. 46227
- Position Title: Youth and Sunday School Coordinator
- Position Summary: This position is part-time focusing on the spiritual needs of children and youth through Youth Group and Sunday School programming at St. John’s United Church of Christ. In accordance with the church’s values and beliefs, the position oversees the guidance and instruction of children and youth.
The position works in conjunction with and reports directly to the Senior Pastor. The position functions in close coordination with other church staff, the Board of Christian Education, and volunteers. The position requires a well-organized, self-motivated team player who has a love for Christ, children and youth, along with a passion for leading others to a greater relationship with God.
Work hours will be flexible within daytime, evenings and weekends between 20-25 hours per week. The schedule may vary at different times of the year depending upon level of activity and programming. Accessibility is expected via Zoom, email and phone. Office, phone, computer, voicemail, email, internet connection service, copying service and secretarial support are offered for work related to this position.
- Abilities and Attitudes:
- A strong Christian faith and respectful understanding of the United Church of Christ where possible
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Current college/graduate student focusing on theology, education, religion, social work preferred
- Demonstrated creativity in engaging children and young adults in Christian missions and spiritual life
- Strong administrative skills including good time management, program planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to get along with people of all ages, patience, flexibility, good listening skills, maintain confidentiality, and be able to lead
- Basic knowledge of word processing, PowerPoint, email and social media in use by the church
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have verifiable references and background check
- Must have valid State of Indiana Driver’s License
- To continue and develop children and youth programs and ministry that focus on developing and growing the relationship that participants have with Christ.
- Primary resource coordinator of Christian Education programs for all children and youth.
- Administer and coordinate key events for children and youth including Sunday School, Youth Groups, seasonal retreats and/or trips as able
- Ensure communication of all activities through weekly bulletins, monthly newsletter (Herald), or any other communication methods utilized by the church (i.e. email, telephone, social media and website)
Interested applicants should send a resume to:
Carolyn Hayes, President, St. John’s UCC Church Council