Back to News →

I would like to begin this month’s giving and gratitude article with a resounding thank you. During our annual Day of Giving last month, we asked, and YOU delivered. A HUGE thank you to all who joined us and showed their passion for the CTS mission by participating. The collective impact of the CTS community is critical to our work, and we truly couldn’t do it without you! 

As I reflect on giving and gratitude this month, I would like to share an article from the Lilly Family School of Philanthropy February 23rd publication titled by Faith in Philanthropy: The awesome power of belief , By: Amir Pasic, Eugene R. Tempel, Dean of the Indiana University Lilly Family School of Philanthropy. 

I believe this article reflects the heart of emerging constructs that meet the needs of the people. Faith is not merely one part of our lives, but rather permeates into the fiber of our lives’ tapestries as an integral and impactful thread. I particularly cherish this quote from the article: 

“But keeping faith in its own box is a mistake. It diminishes our ability to get things done, no matter what our cause. First, communities we seek to engage to do good work are often organized on faith principles. Second, organized faiths, both established and emerging, have significant effects on our public and personal lives – and we may very well be experiencing a new surge of energy on this front. And, finally, our ability to share beliefs in things we cannot see, whether they are spiritual or aspirational, is a terrific power we should all seek to appreciate and understand better. It is what gives purpose to the work we do.” 

My hope is that this article will enhance your perspective, as it did mine, on faith and philanthropy. May your March be full of faith led purpose and powerful impact! 

Be well, 

Gayle Spicer, Director of Annual Giving at CTS