Nicole Barnes, MDiv student, has been an integral part of a local movement to improve mass transit in Indianapolis. Barnes, who is the Director of Voter Engagement and Operations at Faith in Indiana, a statewide organizing network working for racial and economic justice, was recently interviewed about the importance of public transportation and the work of Faith in Indiana.
Read her interview here.
Also included in the March 2020 Christian Theological Seminary Connection
- CTS Announces Commencement Speaker and New Scholarship - Christian Theological seminary is excited to announce its 2020 commencement speaker and the launch of a new scholarship! Barbara Brown Taylor will receive an honorary doctorate degree from CTS at this year’s graduation ceremony, where she will deliver the commencement address. Taylor is an internationally acclaimed writer, teacher, and Episcopal priest. The author of fourteen […]
- Nicole Barnes, MDiv Student, Works for Mass Transit Improvements - Nicole Barnes, MDiv student, has been an integral part of a local movement to improve mass transit in Indianapolis. Barnes, who is the Director of Voter Engagement and Operations at Faith in Indiana, a statewide organizing network working for racial and economic justice, was recently interviewed about the importance of public transportation and the work […]
- PhD Student Rev. Justin West Awarded FTE Fellowship - Rev. Justin G. West, member of the first cohort of students in the PhD Program in African American Preaching and Sacred Rhetoric, has been awarded a fellowship from the Forum for Theological Exploration. The Forum for Theological Exploration (FTE) is “a leadership incubator that inspires young people to make a difference in the world through […]
- Student Spotlight: Tom Cupka, MDiv Student - Tom Cupka, MDiv student, matriculated at CTS in the fall of 2018. Cupka grew up in Ellettsville, IN, and was raised in the Christian Church. He worked in the insurance industry after studying banking and finance at Ball State University and lived for a time in Auburn, IN, where he and his wife started a […]
- CTS Alum Benjamin Tapper Facilitates Community Conversation in Elkhart, IN - CTS Alum Benjamin Tapper facilitated a community conversation about “Repairing the Harm: A Community Conversation on the Systemic Exclusion of African Americans” in Elkhart, IN, on January 20, 2020. Anabaptist Mennonite Biblical Seminary in Elkhart coordinated the event in honor of the legacy of Martin Luther King Jr. Tapper, who holds an MPA from Indiana […]
- Faith & Action Project February 2020 Newsletter - Read the newest edition of the Faith & Action Project’s monthly newsletter!
- Rev. Mary Harris, Dean of Students, Retires - For nearly 20 years, the Rev. Mary Harris, Dean of Students, has been a central figure in the life of Christian Theological Seminary. Upon returning from Christmas break, she notified the Seminary that she would be retiring at the beginning of February. Rev. Harris began working at CTS on June 15, 2000, as Church and […]