Position: Global Mission Intern
Global Ministries is the common witness of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) and the United Church of Christ. Our two denominations have a formal partnership through which Disciples Overseas Ministries and the UCC’s Wider Church Ministries share common staff, budget, programs/projects, and governance in our presence and witness with international partners throughout the global community.
Global Ministries works with approximately 250 partners in close to 90 countries. We join hands with international partners and walk together in mutual love and respect with our siblings around the world. Partners include local churches, denominations, councils of churches, health and human service organizations, educational institutions, human and civil rights organizations.
The Global Mission Intern program invites young adults (ages 21 – 30) to challenge yourself in a one to three-year international mission service opportunity. As you offer yourself in service, you will also learn more about yourself, your relationship with God, and your place in God’s world.
As a Global Mission Intern, you will have:
- A cross-cultural mission assignment which enables you to share your gifts and skills with partner churches and church agencies around the world.
- An opportunity to develop your leadership skills and vocational
interests in overseas ministry, pastoral ministry or other vocations.
- An opportunity to learn a second language.
- An opportunity to enhance your world view, especially the reality of young adults living in other countries around the world.
- An opportunity for a life-changing adventure.
- An opportunity for spiritual development and formation
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- 21 – 30 years old
- General knowledge of Global Ministries
- Good written communication skills
- Conscientious of attendance and punctuality.
- Commitment to a performance that meets expectations
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and independently, exercising initiative with appropriate follow through.
- Ability to handle a variety of issues and personalities with tact and courtesy
- Openness, flexibility, and adaptability to intercultural settings
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, and resume to: the Rev. James Semmelroth Darnell, International Recruitment and Training Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.