Dual Degrees: MDiv and MAMFT
111 credit hours
CTS offers a dual degree program for those interested in a Master of Divinity (MDiv) combined with a master’s degree in Marriage and Family Therapy (MAMFT). This joint degree program generally takes six years to complete.
- Psychological, relational systemic and theological study combined with clinical practice
- Wide variety of clinical situations and experiences, including:
- Crisis counseling
- Premarital counseling
- Couples counseling
- Children and teens in family counseling
- Depression screenings
- Psychoeducational groups
- Practicum (50 alternative hours total completed in taking P520 and P522, with an additional 50 alternative hours possible from CPE, or additional options approved by MFT Program Director)
- BS/BA from regionally accredited school
- TOEFL required
The MAMFT is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Marriage and Family Therapy Education of the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy. The training program is one of two programs in the nation accredited by COAMFTE and approved by American Association of Pastoral Counselors.
CTS Counseling Center
A distinct advantage of study at CTS is that students may conveniently complete their practicum hours with the CTS Counseling Center, without the need to go elsewhere for this portion of the degree requirement. The center also offers a residency for graduates as they prepare to complete clinical hour requirements to obtain state licensure.