Back to News →

The CTS community welcomes back alumna Stephanie (Eft) Seeger as the newest member of its Advancement and Communications Department, where she will serve in the role of Content Producer. Seeger will work with departments across the seminary to create meaningful and engaging content for publications and media, providing content, messaging, and strategy that promotes CTS and its varied initiatives.

A ”displaced Buckeye,” Seeger grew up on the North side of Indianapolis and attended Hamilton Southeastern schools before earning an undergraduate degree from Eastern University near Philadelphia. “My faith background is as eclectic as my personality,” Seeger said. “As a Christian Mutualist, I strongly value my personal experience of God’s reconciling love and truth growing up as an interdenominational Christian, but I recognize others’ diverse experiences of that same love and truth are mutually valid and important to the tapestry of faith community.”

Returning to central Indiana after her time at Eastern, Seeger enrolled in the MDiv program at CTS in 2014. “I felt a strong call to ministry in a non-traditional, non-clergy way,” she explained. “For this reason, I focused my studies on prophetic leadership, community impact, and interfaith relational engagement.” Electing not to pursue ordination, her studies prepared her well for non-profit management.

After graduating from CTS in 2017, Seeger worked for United Way and Shepherd’s Center of Hamilton County. “The truth is,” she said, “I never really left the CTS community, and I’ve always been looking for the right opportunity to join the staff. CTS has amazing values, a strong mission and vision for impacting the world by preparing leaders, and an incredible community culture I look forward to joining.”

Seeger now lives in Fishers with her wife Sam, daughter Frankie, dog Sydney, and ornery cats Fred and George. Outside of work, you can find her reading World War 2 historical fiction, playing pub trivia or board games with friends, and spending time with family.

“I’m passionate about the inherent worth of all human lives and standing with the marginalized to challenge systems of oppression,” she said, which is part of why she is so excited to join the seminary staff. “CTS is such a singular institution in its unique ability to balance faith-based theological formation with a practical application of social justice; this combination sends community members out into local and global contexts with the promise of immediate community impact. CTS is a beacon of hope in a diversifying world that can show mutual respect to many without losing sight of what makes differences beautiful. At CTS, you are welcomed to participate in community and celebrated for participating as your fullest, truest self.”