Christian Theological Seminary is hosting its inaugural Day of Giving on Thursday, April 29, 2021. Join us on Facebook Live for special events throughout the day as we Unite around our common mission, Inspire the church and community leaders of tomorrow, and Invest in the future of CTS. #UniteInspireInvest
Funds raised on #CTSDayofGiving will support the CTS Annual Fund and other programs that sustain our mission to form disciples of Jesus Christ for church and community leadership to serve God’s transforming of the world. Each gift increases the capacity to offer an intellectually rigorous, spiritually formative, and emotionally supportive education to our students. “I am looking forward to our inaugural Day of Giving,” Vice President for Advancement Kristin Champa said. “CTS is well poised to remain a vibrant, responsive, and impactful institution far into the future, and the continued formation of ministers, leaders, and counselors depends on our community’s strong culture of giving.”
In addition to raising funds in support of the seminary, the #CTSDayofGiving will be a celebration of all aspects of the CTS community – our students, alumni, faculty staff and programs. This year’s goal is to engage at least 125 donors on the Day of Giving. No matter the size, every gift matters. Through the collective support of individuals across the CTS community we can achieve this goal.
Those wishing to give during the #CTSDayofGiving can do so through our website, www.cts.edu.
Looking ahead to the Day of Giving, April Ervin, Director of Alumni Relations and Annual Giving, said, “We approach the new year with a sustained belief in the potential and hope for all that is possible. We are encouraged by the commitment of our alumni and friends who continue to invest in the future of theological education.”
#CTSDayofGiving Schedule of Online Events (all times EDT), which can be accessed on our Facebook page:
- 8:00am – Welcome by President David M. Mellott
- 10:00am – Coffee Hour with Rev. Dr. Dick Hamm (‘74) and Rev. Dr. Larry Kunitz (‘70)
- 12:00pm – Lunch Dialogue w/ Prof. Frank Thomas and Aimee Laramore on a Culture of Generosity
- 2:00pm – Alumni Speaker Series: “Therapy for Therapists: Preventing Caregiver Burnout”
- 4:00pm – Afternoon Tea Featuring the Faith & Action Project
- 6:00pm – CTS Alumni Happy Hour
Please contact April Ervin, Director of Alumni Relations and Annual Giving, with any questions about the #CTSDayofGiving at email@example.com.
Also included in the April 2021 Christian Theological Seminary Connection
- Faith & Action Project April 2021 Newsletter - Read the newest edition of the Faith & Action Project’s monthly newsletter!
- Alumni Board Profile: Rev. Jeffery L. Bower, Alumni Board President - For CTS Alumnus Rev. Jeffery Bower (MA ’97/MDiv ’99), the church has been a part of his life since a very young age. He grew up attending church with his grandmother who had a definitive impact on his relationship with God and who nurtured his faith. At the age of 6, his grandmother asked him […]
- MDiv/MTS Student Cassidy Hall Debuts New Podcast and Film - Much of MDiv/MTS student Cassidy Hall‘s adult life has explored the intersection of creativity and spirituality. As an outgrowth of her time at CTS and her own personal development and learning, she recently launched a new podcast and is preparing for the festival debut of a new documentary film. While working as a filmmaker in […]
- CTS PhD Students Present Innovative Scholarship - On February 15, 2021, several students in CTS’s PhD Program in African American Preaching and Sacred Rhetoric participated in “Contours and Configurations of Black Religious Rhetoric,” a symposium sponsored by The Center for the Study of African American Rhetoric and Public Address and Memphis Theological Seminary. The symposium was chaired and moderated by Dr. Andre […]
- Alumni Speaker Series Addresses Challenges of Congregational Leadership - CTS has hosted several Alumni Speaker Series events over the last year, which have addressed a variety of pressing issues facing members of our community and the broader public. Learn more about the Alumni Speaker Series events to come and watch recordings the previously held events here. The most recent Alumni Speaker Series event, “The […]
- CTS’ First Day of Giving Set for April 29th - Christian Theological Seminary is hosting its inaugural Day of Giving on Thursday, April 29, 2021. Join us on Facebook Live for special events throughout the day as we Unite around our common mission, Inspire the church and community leaders of tomorrow, and Invest in the future of CTS. #UniteInspireInvest Funds raised on #CTSDayofGiving will support […]