This internship is up to 10 hours per week expected to last for 16 weeks/4 months (duration of a semester). This internship with ReFrame Ministries English Programs is designed for an eager and self-starting seminary student who has experience in pastoral care, teaching, and communication who intends to glean experience in digital/online ministry. The Internship will primarily work with prayer and pastoral care follow-up ministry. The internship will assist in the development of content and work with ReFrame staff to provide follow-up pastoral care across its mass audiences
For consideration, complete an on-line application attaching a current cover letter and resume by midnight (EDT) September 10, 2021.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Learn and Absorb:
a. Learn basic history and terminology of ReFrame Ministries (what we do, what roles we play, mission, vision, languages served, and our audience)
b. Learn how to craft written pastoral care responses to the prayer requests.
c. Gain efficiency in evaluating and creating empathic content.
d. Explore the various programs, projects, and duties as assigned by the producers and other team members within ReFrame Ministries.
e. Collaborate with the development and publishing of prayer-related content by writing prayer focused faith formation content (e.g., blog posts, prayer letters, e-mails, etc.).
f. Practice communication and pastoral care skills by leading ReFrame’s weekly staff devotions twice.
g. Gain knowledge of marketing strategies, content production, and advancement best practices.
h. Attend trainings and engage study resources to assist in pastoral care and prayer ministry.
Month 1 - Observing and Learning
Month 2 - Writing responses and improving
Month 3 - Creating new content for pastoral care responses and website content
Month 4- Apply learnings to an interest area
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
1. Membership in a Christian church and agreement with the doctrine of the CRC signified by signing a covenant statement.
2. Demonstrated skills in pastoral care, encouragement, and intercession.
3. Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
4. Demonstrated computer skills.
5. The ability to manage resources effectively.
6. A professional and enthusiastic attitude to assigned work.
7. Support of the vision and mission of ReFrame Ministries.
8. Evidence of a Reformed Christian theological perspective.
Education & Experience
1. A Bachelor's degree, required
2. Enrollment in a seminary, with at least 32 hrs/one year of seminary education
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.