In Case of an Emergency at CTS
911: Call 911 for all medical and fire emergencies.
Butler Police: 317-940-9999
Butler Facilities: 317-940-9393
Do not hesitate to call if you see any suspicious activity or packages, someone in need of medical assistance, violent or criminal behavior, facilities emergency (such as fire or flood), etc.
Emergency Alerts (Also Known As DAWG Alerts)
In the event of a campus emergency, weather-related delay or closing, Christian Theological Seminary, in conjunction with the Butler University Policy Department, will activate the emergency notification tool, known as a DAWG Alert. These notifications will be sent out to all students, staff and faculty, on and off campus, via text messages, voice messages and email alerts. In order to receive these notices, any student, faculty member or staff member may sign up online utilizing their CTS email address. Please follow these directions:
- Visit the following website: com/login/butler
- Click the “Forgot Password” link found under the password field, and enter your CTS email address.
- You will receive an email via your CTS email account that contains a link to allow you to create a new password. Click on this link and create a new password for your “Rave” account.
- Once you have created your password, return to the CTS Portal and click on the DAWG Alerts App.
- When prompted, enter your CTS email address and the password that you just created and click “Save.”
- This should take you to the DAWG Alerts management page. Here you can add additional phone numbers and email addresses for any other people that you want to receive the DAWG Alerts.
- After completing this process, to access alert settings, you only need to click the DAWG Alerts app in the CTS Portal, and you should be logged in automatically.
If you have any difficulties with setting up or accessing your DAWG Alerts account, please contact the CTS Helpdesk by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you see a fire, activate the nearest fire alarm and alert any nearby people. Get out of the building and call 911. If you hear a fire alarm, exit the building immediately. See the CTS student handbook for complete instructions.
In case of tornadoes or other dangerous storms, seek shelter immediately. Head to the Undercroft or other basement areas away from windows. Listen for instructions over the CTS public announcement system or watch the website for information. See the CTS student handbook for complete instructions.
Active Shooter Response
CTS Campus Security is managed by the Butler University Police Department. Quickly determine the best way to protect your life: Run, Hide or Fight to incapacitate the shooter (only as a last resort!). See the Butler Active Shooter Response page for further info.
Annual Security And Fire Safety Report
Listed below is a link to the most recent annual security report for Christian Theological Seminary (CTS) as required by the Department of Education. There is also a section which reports statistics for the previous three years concerning reported crimes and any fires that occurred in, on or around the CTS campus. This information is provided as a service to the community in compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act [20 USC 1092]. Each year CTS compiles crime statistics and submits reportable crimes to the Department of Education.
Based on their requirements, some reports of criminal activity are not reported but kept on file in a separate crime log that is kept in the Office of Student Operations. This log is public and is available for review by contacting, Rebecca Arnott, Student Operations Coordinator, at email@example.com. Butler University also maintains a separate Crime Log that includes all of the Butler properties. This log is also public and is available for review through a request to the Butler University Police Department.