TIMOTHY COMMUNITY CHURCH
JOB DESCRIPTION – YOUTH PASTOR
POSITION: Youth Pastor
REPORTS TO: Senior Pastor
MAXIMUM HOURS: 30 Per Week
MINIMUM POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Possesses a ministerial license
- Has completed a minimum of two (2) years of completed coursework from an accredited theological institution/seminary
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university.
- Set an excellent example for children and teens while stressing the importance of Christianity in their personal life. A minimum of three (3) years of related experience is required.
- An ability to develop and deliver Biblically-based, impactful sermons to a congregation.
- A minimum of two (2) years of pulpit experience is desired.
- An ability to counsel children, teens and their parents, including but not limited to peer pressure, bullying, teen pregnancy and other youth-based challenges.
- Skills gained through on-the-job training and/or coursework.
- Has held various positions of leadership within a church.
- Possesses three (3) years of experience teaching spiritual truths in a church (Bible study and/or Sunday School).
- A demonstrated ability to identify and create meaningful yet fun-filled community outreach opportunities that involve children, teens, young adults and/or parents.
- A heart for pastoral care that targets children and teens
- Assist the Senior Pastor, as needed, in congregational-wide activities, visitations and life changing events (baptisms, funerals, weddings, etc.)
- Develop/create a weekly age appropriate, Christ-centered youth worship experience. (Due to communion, there will not be a youth service on the first Sunday of the month).
- A willingness to learn and grow in the things of Christ and church leadership/administration
- Exhibit strong and effective communication skills
- Possess solid planning and organizational skills
- A demonstrated proficiency with technology, particularly the Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be able to work every Sunday for a minimum of four (4) hours.
PREFERRED POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Completed all coursework from an accredited seminary
- An ordained clergy
- Bachelor’s degree in Pastoral Ministry, Religious Education or Theology)
Thank you for your interest in the position of Youth Pastor at St. Timothy Community Church. All interested parties are asked to apply by 11:00 p.m. on SUNDAY, MARCH 1, 2020, with the information specified below:
Application of Employment (On St. Timothy Community Church website www.sttinothychurch.org
A DVD , video link or video clip of a sermon addressing a:
- Youth Group
- Adult Group
Cover Letter addressing the following:
- Your Journey
- Your Call to the ministry, particularly your
- Call to youth ministry. (A maximum of two pages).
Two letters of recommendation:
- One from your current pastor
- One from a professional
A copy of your:
- Ministerial License
- Ordination Certificate (if applicable)
- The requested information can be mailed to our church at 1600 West 25th Avenue, Gary, IN 46404 or emailed to us at mailto:email@example.com.
Unfortunately, we are unable to accept telephone calls or hand-delivered materials regarding this position. Also, please submit ONLY the requested materials. Consideration will be given to those applicants that submit all the required materials.
Again, thank you and God Bless!
-The 2020 Youth Pastor Search Committee
|Job Category||Church, Youth|