The Worship Director of New Circle is responsible for collaborating with the pastors and worship team to bring about the vision for New Circle’s worship ministry. This takes place during our Sunday Gatherings through music and liturgy and throughout the week relationships are built and maintained with those inside and outside the church.
Vision and Leadership
- Responsible for contextualizing the shared vision and mission of New Circle in the area of Sunday Gatherings and with the worship team.
- Expected to be a vital part of the staff team that helps discuss, collaborate, and discern God’s will concerning future plans for the church. Our desire as staff is to work hand in hand with one another and along side the church to help fulfill God’s desires for our lives and for our church.
- Weekly lead the people of New Circle Church in God-honoring worship reflective of New Circle’s vision and mission.
- Plan the Gathering with Gospel-based liturgy, prayer, and songs that communicate Biblical truth and robust theology.
- Display warmth and connection with the people of New Circle through vulnerability and authenticity.
- Recruit, assemble, train those at New Circle who have been gifted with the ability to help lead the church in corporate worship.
- Care for the people of the worship team, to help the musicians and vocalists grow musically and spiritually.
- Foster relationships with the worship team and the people of New Circle.
- Provide at least one training quarterly to all of the volunteers.
- Celebrate and appreciate the volunteers who make the ministry possible.
Technology and Equipment
- Maintain, manage, and care for the stage, technology, and equipment used for Sunday Gatherings.
- Supervise in all of the audio and visual components of the Gathering, including the projector, projection software, sound board, and musical equipment.
- Utilize Planning Center, Proclaim, and Slack to coordinate volunteers and plan the Gatherings.
- Be a Christian and be in agreement with New Circle’s Statement of Faith.
- Be willing to become a Builder (member) at New Circle.
- Meet the character qualifications set forth for deacons in 1 Timothy 3.
- Demonstrate an ability to lead congregational worship and volunteers well.
Expectations and Compensation
- The Worship Director is expected to be bi-vocational.
- Our hope is that the Worship Director can give a God-honoring focus and attention to their jobs inside and outside of the church.
Compensation would come in the way of salary, which would be $18,000-20,000 annually.
- The Worship Director would receive two weeks of vacation annually, moving to three weeks in the third year of employment and culminating with four at four years on staff.
- Non-monetary compensation also comes in the form of a strong, relational work environment, spiritual direction, coaching, and a stipend to be used for strategic rest quarterly.
- There is also the opportunity to receive training along with the staff of New Circle and be given the opportunity to participate in at least one staff retreat per year.
To apply: email Barry Rager (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your resume, including at least two professional and two personal references. Include at least one audio or video file of you leading in worship.
|Job Category||Church, Worship|