Part time, 10 hours/week. The coordinator may work remotely (occasional on-site office hours preferred). This position reports to the Senior Minister.
The Media Coordinator works in collaboration with ministry staff and lay leaders to tell the story of First Christian Church, primarily through online ministry. This position develops and amplifies content that is shared so as to create online community, to inform church members and guests about programming, and to present our story in new ways to people who are curious, passing by, or desiring an encounter with the Holy.
EXPECTATIONS WITHIN THE POSITION
• Manage the congregation’s social media accounts (currently Facebook and YouTube), create and amplify content, and strategize content for maximum impact with unified branding.
• Review analytics and create reports on key metrics.
• Manage the congregation’s website.
• Amplify and create content that is consistent with the congregation’s mission and ethos.
• Develop graphics for worship series and special services, events, and announcements.
• Work closely with the pastoral staff and congregational ministry persons to develop communication strategies for various church programming.
• Ensure the live video stream of worship is the highest quality possible.
• Manage weekly worship uploads to social media.
• Write press releases for the local newspaper.
• Manage a modest budget for media.
• Basic understanding of analytics for social media for religious/non-profit organizations.
• Experience with graphic design, online publishing and basic photography.
• Clear, effective writing
• Post-secondary education in communication, graphic design, marketing, or related fields (e.g. career tech certification, bachelor’s degree, etc.)
• At least one year of relevant experience.
• Ideally, reside in Howard County, Indiana.
• Experience with the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) or other mainline protestant congregations (e.g. the United Methodist Church, the Presbyterian Church (USA), etc.)
12.50/hr (10 Hours/week)
|Job Category||Church, Media|
|Salary||12.50/hr (10 Hours/week)|