Great Commission International Church (GCIC) in Phitsanulok, Thailand, is seeking an ordained, full-time minister of the gospel to assume role of pastor to oversee the life and direction of the church. GCIC is a contemporary, English speaking church with a diverse congregation of expats and permanently-based residents. GCIC is intercultural, interdenominational and unashamedly Christ-centered. We believe in One God and Father, Jesus Christ His only Son and our Lord and the Holy Spirit who is the very Spirit of God. Being interdenominational, qualified persons of any denomination are welcome to apply.
Pastor roles and responsibilities
Above all, the pastor is to pursue an ongoing personal, intimate relationship with Jesus Christ in order to model a life of loving devotion to the Lord and others. In line with her/his calling and the biblical mandate, the pastor has the responsibility to equip God’s people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up, striving towards unity and maturity of faith in Jesus Christ (Ephesians 4:11-13).
The pastor will oversee the life and direction of the church through the means of the following:
- Lead worship
- Be the main person responsible for proclaiming the gospel of Jesus Christ
- Promote a diverse worship experience that incorporates the diversity of the congregation
- Administer the sacraments according to I Corinthians 11:23-25
- Be a witness to the congregation and wider community of Christ’s love and hope
- Provide oversight to the activities of ministry to ensure consistency with our Mission, Identity, and Core Values
- Oversee the pastoral care needs of an ethnically and traditionally diverse congregation; as necessary, sharing with other lay leaders in hospital visitation, home visits, counseling, marriages and funerals
- Monitor the spiritual pulse of the congregation through review and accountability
- Act as the chief administrator of ministerial and vocational staff
- Provide leadership in planning and executing Christian Education and discipleship training programs
- Coordinate/lead church meetings and other activities to discuss, clarify and execute ministry goals and objectives.
- Oversee church building upkeep and maintenance
- Properly and honestly manage church budget and allocate funds
- Guide and mobilize the congregation into the vision, values and mission of the church
The church is international and interdenominational. As such, its pastor should possess:
- Strong interpersonal skills
- A respect for ecumenism as well as diversity of ethnicity and culture.
- Willingness to continually learn about diverse cultural customs
- Flexibility and patience handling adverse situations
The appropriate candidate should be ordained through a recognized Protestant denomination.
Great Commission International Church (GCIC) is part of the Church of Christ in Thailand (CCT). No affiliation with the Church of Christ elsewhere. GCIC has autonomy as a local congregation but holds to the overall structure and policies of the CCT.
Please send resume or CV to Rev. James A. Riggins: firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Job Category||Church, Pastor|
|Salary||Salary and housing provided. Salary negotiable, depending upon qualifications.|