Title: Executive Assistant to the Vice President for Academic Affairs/Dean of the Faculty
Reports to: Vice President for Academic Affairs/Dean of the Faculty
FLSA Status: Non-exempt Payroll Status: Salary
Education and Qualifications: Associate degree or equivalent plus 2-4 years of experience in an office managerial position. Ability to manage multiple tasks under pressure of deadline; ability to maintain confidentiality; strong interpersonal skills; high level of computer proficiency.
Experience in higher education, preferred.
Job Summary: Serve as assistant to the Vice President for Academic Affairs/Dean of Faculty. Support the work of the Dean’s Office. Coordinate activities with other departmental staff to ensure effective follow-through on all departmental activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the daily flow, resourcing, and hospitality of the Dean’s Office
- In consultation with the Dean, coordinate faculty support
- Under the direction of the Dean, communicate with CTS lecturers and affiliate faculty
- Provide administrative support for faculty committee work
- Preparing materials for meetings
- Taking minutes at the Faculty Meetings and Academic Council meetings
- Coordinating the compilation and distribution of materials for the Faculty Review Committee
- With the Dean, review annually the current academic policies
- With the Dean, coordinate future course listings and schedules and communicate these regularly to the CTS community, including regular Dean’s Office Update emails
- Under the direction of the Dean, coordinate occasional special events including Forum
- Under the direction of the Dean, coordinate the compilation and revision of the annual Course Catalog in conjunction with other departments
- Provide support for the Dean’s work, which includes teaching, scholarly pursuits and service to the Church and world
- Keep the Dean’s calendar
- Perform other related tasks as assigned
Critical Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform successfully the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Work Schedule and Travel: This is a full-time position with hours set in conjunction with the supervisor. While performing the duties of this job, the employee has minimal overnight travel.
|Job Category||Administration, College & University, Education|