Reports to: Vice President, Finance & Operations
Classification: Exempt, Part-Time
The Director of Financial Aid is responsible for leading CTS’s efforts to provide students with scholarships, grants, work-study, federal loans, financial counseling and other resources to support their seminary studies. The work includes financial aid packaging, federal reporting, compliance, and other activities as assigned. This position will also actively participate in Student Services meetings and interact with various departmental colleagues, including Senior Management.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Develop, maintain, and administer institutional policies and procedures relating to student financial services ensuring compliance with federal and state regulation.
- Coordinate with student billing and payroll regarding student work-study employment, scholarships, and awards.
- Create budget projections, coordinate the day-to-day management of student financial services, package student financial aid, coordinate monthly reconciliations and maintain financial aid best practices according to the National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators (NASFAA).
- Prepare all federal, state, and institutional reports pertaining to aid/scholarships and serve as liaison to state and federal funding agencies.
- Promote financial literacy and counsel students regarding financial aid eligibility and debt management.
- Review attendance, satisfactory academic progress and academic eligibility of students for scholarships, grants, and loans.
- Maintain Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) guidelines with the processing of students’ financial aid information.
- Assist in the development and implementation technology-based and other solutions to improve financial aid processes and services. Maintain and update student financial services handbook, website, and any other communications pertaining to student financial services.
- Serve as Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) representative certifying international students and ensuring compliance with federal and other regulations governing international students.
- Facilitate the admission of international students and provide guidance on international student issues
- When applicable, collaborate with third-party services firm(s), provide timely updates to the VP, Finance & Operations and other Senior Leaders, and perform other duties as assigned.
- Collaborate with members of Student Services to ensure a positive student experience.
- Bachelor’s degree is a must.
- Prefer 5 years’ experience in student financial aid work.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to apply creative solutions to problems where limited standardization exists.
- Strong organizational, regulatory, and record keeping skills.
- Ability to organize, plan and direct student financial services and develop work plans and goals in collaboration with team members and other seminary offices.
- Strong computer skills: database, spreadsheet, e-mail, and web.
- Financial aid computer skills: Net Price Calculator, PowerFAIDS, Populi and Blackbaud (preferred); ability to learn and implement new systems.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment dedicated to great student service.
- Possess strong financial counseling skills and the ability to help students understand and apply creative solutions to address student’s financial concerns and needs.
Please submit resumes to Mitch Lannert, Vice President, Finance & Operations, at Mlannert@cts.edu
Closing date: 15 April 2021
|Job Category||Administration, CTS, Education|