Franklin College has a part-time opening in the Office of Enrollment for an American Baptist Liaison Assistant. This position plays a significant role in helping coordinating institutional efforts with its historically-affiliated denomination, particularly in the area of student recruitment. The American Baptist Liaison Assistant works closely with the Franklin College campus chaplain and the admissions department.
· Identify, attract, recruit and enroll prospective students from the American Baptist tradition who are seeking the opportunities and campus environment available at Franklin College.
· Serve as a contact with ABC church pastors and youth ministers in the promotion of educational opportunities at FC for congregate members pursuing higher education.
· Build a network of support among youth ministers and participate in church youth events.
· Assist with the planning and promotion of admissions events and other special projects targeting
engagement with the ABC community of churches.
· Represents Franklin College at some national, regional and local church meetings as appropriate.
· Assist FC Marketing and Communications in drafting press releases and advertisements related
to church-associated events where appropriate.
· Assist with ABC alumni and/or or development relationships when requested by Franklin
College Development and Alumni Engagement staff.
· Follow and abide by all safety rules and regulations;
· Regular attendance and timeliness;
· Other duties as needed or assigned.
· A bachelor’s degree in related field
· 0-2 years’ experience in recruitment, marketing, sales, and/or public relations preferred
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Manage multiple tasks and adapt to changing assignments and priorities as assigned
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Strong organizational skills
· Active membership in an American Baptist (ABC) church
Excellent benefits package including: health, life and disability insurance, paid vacation, sick and holiday time, retirement plan, and full tuition benefits for employees and their family. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applications should be submitted electronically (MS Word or Adobe PDF) and should include cover letter, resume and three professional references.
Contact Human Resources with additional questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Go to employment opportunities at www.FranklinCollege.edu to apply