sbury United Methodist Church in Columbus, IN is seeking a talented and passionate part-time contemporary worship leader to join our ministry team. This leader will work with established leadership and praise team.
Responsibilities may include:
• Lead contemporary worship with the contemporary worship team during Sunday services and other special events
• Collaborate with worship planning team to select worship songs that align with the sermon series and engage the congregation
• Recruit and train volunteer worship team members in conjunction with worship team recruiter
• Collaborate with the senior pastor and other ministry leaders to create a cohesive worship experience
• Foster an atmosphere of worship and create an environment that encourages participation
• Encourage personal spiritual growth among the worship team members with team prayer leader
• Stay current with worship music trends and incorporate new music into worship services as appropriate
• A personal relationship with Jesus Christ and a commitment to the Christian faith
• A heart for leading people in worship and a passion for music ministry
• Strong musical skills, including singing and at least one lead instrument
• Experience leading worship in a congregational setting
• Ability to work collaboratively with a team to recruit, train, and develop volunteer musicians
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Availability to work Sunday mornings and other special events as needed
This is a part-time position with some ﬂexible hours, but availability on Sunday mornings is required. Compensation is competitive and will be commensurate with experience. Tools included in our worship planning include Planning Center Services, ProPresenter 7, and Ableton Live.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org your qualiﬁcations and your heart for worship ministry. We look forward to hearing from you.