Interested in joining our team? Covenant is searching for our next Minister of Music. It's an exciting time to be a part of the ministries of CCC! Check out the details of our position and apply at www.indycovenant.org/employment
Job Title: Minister of Music
Job Description: The position is designed to enhance the music ministry of Covenant Community Church by providing musical leadership in the organization and implementation of a comprehensive church music program thereby creating an atmosphere of worship.
Job Category: Staff, reporting directly to the Pastor.
- A minimum of five years’ experience leading a church choir or choral entity.
- Excellent vocal and instrumental skills (piano/keyboard and or organ).
- Ability to read music and teach basic vocal skills.
- Knowledge of and familiarity with distinct types of music, (i.e., classic hymns, anthems, traditional and contemporary gospel, new worship songs, etc.).
- Ability to collaborate with Media Ministry Support Team.
- An upstanding Christian testimony and character, plus an outgoing personality and excellent people skills.
- Works directly with the Pastor to develop the worship service order and flow.
- Provides leadership to worship ministry – Adult and Youth Choir.
- Arranges for and prepares music components for special worship programs and regular liturgical celebration services (e.g., MLK, Black History, Good Friday, Easter, Anniversary, Advent Jazz, and Christmas Eve services) in consultation with the Pastor.
- Provides oversight, guidance and recommendations regarding musical equipment needs and upkeep.
- Helps bridge generational/cultural differences by selecting a balance of musical styles for every service which will have multigenerational appeal.
- Recruits and vets Care Partners for choir membership in accompaniment with Choir Coordinator.
- Provides leadership and services to special events to include but not limited to Pastoral invites, funerals and weddings with additional compensation.