Dewitt Community Church is a non-denominational church of 1,800 members with a rich history of providing worship, music, youth and children’s ministry, and missions. DCC has a heart for our community and the world and shows it by loving others in a variety of ways. DeWitt Community Church is an independent, self-governing congregation of Christians who have come together from many different backgrounds and walks of life. The church’s mission is to involve as many people as possible in its worship and ministry. The church’s goal is a fellowship as comprehensive as the spirit and teachings of Christ and as inclusive as the love of God. The church offers ministries of worship, Christian education, and service to its members and the community. The church is dedicated to grassroots ecumenism and supports Christian unity and interfaith cooperation wherever possible.
General Associate Minister Responsibilities
The Associate Minister works with and is supervised by the Senior Minister to carry out the vision and mission of DeWitt Community Church. The ideal candidate for this position displays a vibrant personal life of service for God, has a teachable spirit, interacts well with people and in teams, shows emotional intelligence, can attend to their own spiritual life, and can mentor lay people effectively.
- Provide pastoral care through worship services, one-on-one, and group gatherings.
- Assimilate individuals and groups into the life and mission of the church for spiritual growth.
- Work collaboratively with church staff and lay leaders for designing and problem-solving
challenges in order that ministry areas flourish.
- Provide pastoral ministry to couples, families, and individuals through weddings, funerals, and
baptisms (infant and believer’s baptism).
- Offer engaging and dynamic sermons and pastoral leadership in worship and other church
services when requested.
- Engage leadership gifts through communication with congregation and staff, utilization of
technology, empowering leaders, and administration of ministry responsibilities.
- Able to take direction and feedback for ministry excellence for the congregation’s benefit.
- Utilize strategic thinking and planning for creatively implementing active ministry areas.
- Integrate into the life of congregants and groups in the church through a ministry of presence
Specific Ministry Opportunities
DeWitt Community Church is currently seeking an associate minister with one or more following ministry callings:
Outreach and Connection: Leads with church leaders and staff, integrating current and new congregants into active ministry and fellowship. Leads the mission ministry and outreach ministry of the church.
Mission: Coordinates with church-sponsored outside mission partners and integrates the congregation serving the congregation.
Discipleship and Small Groups: Works with current small groups and can form new small groups for spiritual thriving. Teaches discipleship opportunities and trains others to lead in discipleship growth opportunities for all ages.
Student Ministry: Overseeing student ministries and staff in the areas of children, youth, and college.
Congregational Care: Ministers, visits, and facilities congregational care for the church. Works with existing and new ministries to support the congregation’s spiritual needs. Leads the Stephen Ministry with over 20 trained Stephen Ministers.
- Accredited bachelor’s degree
- Currently enrolled or graduated from an accredited seminary or divinity school
- Ordained in a recognized Christian denomination or eligible to become ordained
- Able to work within a Christian church that has a diversity of belief
- At least three years of experience in church ministry
- A self-starter with administrative skills
- Able to use technology effectively (Zoom, Google suite, Microsoft Word, and Excel, Facebook,
and presentation software)
- Excellent communication skills
- Successfully pass a local, state, and national background search
- Salaried position with paid vacation, sick time, and personal time
- Covered health, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid retirement through agreed vendor
Living in the Syracuse Area
Syracuse is one of the best places to live in America, according to U.S. News & World Report. In 2023, Syracuse was named the second-best place to live in the state and 38th-best in the country. Nestled in the heart of Upstate New York, Syracuse is a vibrant and lively city with a unique blend of historical significance and modern innovation.
One of the standout features of Syracuse is its breathtaking natural beauty. Surrounded by picturesque lakes and rolling hills, the city offers a stunning backdrop for outdoor enthusiasts and nature lovers alike. From leisurely strolls in scenic parks to adventurous hiking trails, there is no shortage of opportunities to immerse yourself in the splendor of nature.
Syracuse takes pride in its rich history and diverse heritage, evident in its captivating architecture, museums, and cultural events. The city celebrates its past while embracing progress, making it an exciting hub for creativity and innovation.
All interested candidates must submit a cover letter, resume, and at least three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.