The Associate Minister for Outreach and Growth is a member of the congregation’s ministry team with primary responsibilities for staff leadership in the areas of outreach (encompassing efforts aimed at charity, justice, community development, and/or advocacy) and church growth.
Please contact Beau Underwood at firstname.lastname@example.org about submitting an application.
- Develop, plan, support, and implement a comprehensive strategy for the congregation’s outreach efforts. This will involve discerning congregational priorities, identifying and building relationships with key partners, and ensuring the execution of the plan in ways that transform intentions into results.
- Develop, plan, support, and implement a comprehensive strategy for church growth. This will involve the development and execution of a plan that introduces people to the work and life of the church, supports and encourages visitors into deeper ways of belonging, facilitates the development of leaders, and fosters an “attitude of invitation” across the entire community.
- Serve as a partner with the other members of the ministry team in the leadership and facilitation of worship, pastoral care, and other areas of congregational life.
- Serve as the staff liaison to outreach partners
- Provide staff support to relevant committees and leadership groups
- Participate in weekly and monthly staff meetings
- Represent the congregation in regional, general, and ecumenical settings when appropriate
- Other duties as assigned
The Ideal Candidate Will:
- Hold a M.Div degree or equivalent degree
- Hold standing or be in process to receive standing as a minister within the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ). Non-ordained candidates with relevant experience and a commitment to Christian community will be considered.
- Demonstrate expertise and/or have experience in community organizing, social justice advocacy, social service provision, or other areas of high vocational relevance to this position.
- Demonstrate familiarity with current trends and scholarship in the areas of mission, community development, church growth, and evangelism.
- Understand and affirm the congregation’s “All Means All” statement, which is available at: https://www.allisonville.org/allmeansall.
In addition to a competitive salary/housing allowance, this position includes:
- 14% pension fund contribution (on top of salary/housing)
- Health care insurance offset
- Paid vacation/sick time
- Flexibility in schedule
- Funds for professional development expenses