Position Title: Admissions Counselor
Department: Recruiting and Admissions
Reports to: Director of Recruiting & Admissions
Classification: Part-time, Hourly, Non-Exempt, 20 hours per week
ABOUT CHRISTIAN THEOLOGICAL SEMINARY
Christian Theological Seminary (CTS) is a fully accredited ecumenical graduate school located in Indianapolis, IN related to the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) and serving the whole people of God. We welcome all faiths to explore/ engage in an intellectually rigorous, spiritually formative, and emotionally supportive education that equips our students to go out into all the world and serve—whether that is in the church or out in the community. CTS also offers a robust counseling program that provides professional counseling preparation and spiritual/theological integration for those training to become mental health counselors, marriage and family therapists, pastoral psychotherapists, and spiritual care specialists.
The Admissions Counselor is results-driven, requiring the engagement, support of department activities to cultivate and enlarge the pool of prospective students and assist those students through the admissions process.
- Work collaboratively with the Director to execute effective recruiting outreach designed to meet term and annual enrollment goals.
- Respond timely to all correspondences; schedule, follow up and build relationships that nurture applicants at CTS.
- Follow established recruiting best practices and protocols in responding to email, phone, and other prospective student and applicant inquiries.
- Support recruiting team in the set-up and hosting open houses, strategic faculty recruiting meetings/events, occasional travel engagements, and weekend or evening religious programs as needed.
- Provide an established monthly report of recruit, applicant, and community engagement and provide timely expense reports to supervisor and business office
- Enhance church relationships.
- Work effectively with other departments and the faculty to understand what is needed for successful recruiting.
- Must possess and maintain a current, valid driver’s license.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
The successful candidate should possess the knowledge, skills, and ability to successfully fulfill the essential functions of the position or be able to explain or demonstrate how the essential functions will be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Strong writing and verbal communications skills
- The ability to listen, provide feedback, and nurture vocational discernment
- Exceptional organization and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work efficiently with minimal supervision
- Proven track record of working with diverse constituents
- Maintain confidentiality and meet deadlines
- Strong competency in computer and software skills, including the student information system, CRM databases and spreadsheet applications
- Availability to travel
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services or relevant field
- Master’s Degree preferred
- Recruiting and/or Higher Education experience preferred
- Strong consideration given to those with Counseling, Therapy, Pastoral Care, Recruiting or Higher Ed experience
- Valid driver’s license and transportation required
- Resonance with the mission, vision, and core values of Christian Theological Seminary.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Qualified candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume, and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CTS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate with respect to recruitment, hiring, or any other status of employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or any other category protected by law.