CTS Grants & Scholarships
As part of our commitment to make your seminary education affordable, CTS has two scholarship programs for new students: Impact Scholarships and Named Merit Scholarships. All incoming students are considered for these merit-based awards as part of the admissions process.
CTS Scholarships are awarded to full-time, degree-seeking candidates who have been admitted for first-time enrollment into a CTS degree program. Your admissions application will serve as your CTS scholarship application. Current Master of Divinity students are also eligible to participate in our Saltsburg Second Chance Scholarship program (See table below).
Here are some details you need to know about CTS Scholarships:
- You are considered for scholarships at the time of the initial admission to your first degree program (except for the Saltsburg Second Chance Scholarship).
- The number of scholarships is limited, and recipients are selected on merit.
- To receive a scholarship, you may not: be in default on a federal loan(s); owe a repayment(s) on a federal grant; or have a past due balance with CTS.
- All of our scholarships (other than The Discipleship Project) require you to take 18 hours per academic year or 9 credit hours per semester. There are two exceptions to this rule. First, if a hardship arises, you may apply for approval to take fewer than 9 credit hours for one semester and still receive scholarship support. Second, if you receive an Impact Scholarship as a part-time student, you only have to enroll in 6 credit hours per semester.
- Scholarships pay CTS tuition charges. They do not pay for fees (technology fee, student association fee, counseling practicum fees, CPE hospital fee, etc.). Scholarship stipends may be used to pay fees.
- Your CTS scholarship will not pay for any coursework that you take at another institution.
|Award Name||Degree Program||Amount||Special Requirement||GPA Requirement||Term of Award|
|The Discipleship Project||MDiv & Dual Degrees||Full Tuition & $12,000 Annual Stipend||Full Requirements Here||High Academic Achievement||Up to 90 credit hours|
|Impact Scholarship||All Degree Programs||50-100%||N/A||N/A||48-72 credit hours|
|DOC/UCC Impact Scholarship||MDiv||50-100%||N/A||N/A||72 credit hours|
|Thomas and Virginia Liggett||MDiv, MTS||Full Tuition||DOC and UCC members||3.1 on previous coursework||48-72 credit hours|
|Clementine Miller Tangeman||MDiv||Full Tuition & Annual Stipend||N/A||3.5 on previous coursework; must maintain 3.3||72 credit hours|
|Grover L. & Annabel S. Hartman||MDiv||Full Tuition & $4,000 Annual Stipend||N/A||3.5 on previous coursework; must maintain 3.3||72 credit hours|
|Olberta Noble||MDiv||Full Tuition & Annual Stipend||DOC and UCC members||3.5 on previous coursework; must maintain 3.3||72 credit hours|
|W. Brooks & Wanda Y. Fortune||MDiv||Full Tuition & Annual Stipend||N/A||3.5 on previous coursework; must maintain 3.3||72 credit hours|
|Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.||All Degree Programs||Full Tuition||Racial minority (U.S. citizen or resident alien)||3.0 on previous coursework; must maintain 3.0||48-72 credit hours|
|Daughters & Sons of Christian Church (DOC Ministers)||All Degree Programs||Full Tuition||Daughter or son of ordained DOC minister||Must maintain 2.5||48-72 credit hours|
|D. Renee Pugh M.D. and James Gaynor||Counseling and Dual Degree Counseling||Full Tuition & Annual Stipend||Racial minority (U.S. citizen or resident alien)||3.5 on previous coursework; must maintain 3.3||Degree Dependent|
|Saltsburg Second Chance||MDiv & Dual Degree||Full Tuition||Full-time student who has completed 30hrs of coursework toward MDiv degree; did not receive a 75% or higher merit scholarship upon first admission to CTS||3.5 on previous coursework||1 year|
|Frederick F. Kershner Grant||MDiv, MAMCE, MTS, MAMFT, MAMHC, all Dual Degrees||1/4 Tuition||Financial need as demonstrated by FAFSA||N/A||Annual renewable|
|CTS Grant-in-Aid||MDiv, MAMCE, MTS, MAMFT, MAMHC, all Dual Degrees||Varying||Financial need as demonstrated by FAFSA||N/A||Annual renewable|