Employee FAQ


Q: How do I request IT assistance?

A: Send an email to the IT Help Desk at helpdesk@cts.edu, or call the Helpdesk line at (317) 449-2288. You can also visit www.cts.edu/helpdesk for more information.

Q: How do I request after hours IT assistance?

A: The Help Desk contact information is the same during and outside of business hours. However, we do recommend calling the Helpdesk first after hours, for faster response time.

Q: How do I request non-emergency maintenance assistance?

A: If you need assistance during business hours (M-F, 7AM-4:30PM), please visit the Butler Facilities team website, www.butler.edu/fixmybutler, to submit a request online, or call their support line at (317) 940-9393.

Q: How do I request maintenance assistance after hours?

A: For emergency and after hours calls, please call the Butler University Police Department at (317) 940-9396.

Q: Can I use the Butler University library?

A: Registered staff and faculty may check out materials from the Butler library with their CTS ID card. NOTE: Visit the CTS library before going to Butler to make sure your library account is up to date. Otherwise, you will not be able to borrow materials from Butler.

Q: How can I get a CTS membership at Butler’s Health and Recreation Center (HRC)?

A: Show your CTS ID to the front desk at the HRC.

Q: How do I print documents for a student?

A: Students have the ability to print from the CTS computers in the library and student lounge, and via the CTS Portal Webprint app.

Q: How do I reset my CTS password?

A: Use the Forgot My Password link at the CTS Portal login page, or contact the CTS Help Desk.

Q: How do I get information on building closures due to weather or other emergencies?

A: Weather and emergency information will be published on DAWG alert, Facebook, and the CTS website. All CTS faculty, staff and students have been enrolled into this service and by default and will receive these notifications via their CTS email. This system gives users the ability to receive the alerts via text, voice and email. To manage your contact information and preferences, use the CTS Campus Safety Alerts app in the CTS Portal, or visit https://getrave.com/login/butler.

Q: How can I assist students with financial aid inquiries?

A: Have them contact Robert Fisher at (317) 931-2318 or at rfisher@cts.edu.

Q: Who do I contact if I get locked out of the CTS building?

A: Contact BUPD at (317)-940-9396 for access to the building.

Q: Where can I find resources for continuing education for a Adminstrative Support Professionals?

A: Some resources can be found at the following sites: http://www.lorman.com/administrative-assistant; https://www.asaporg.com/; www.careertrack.com.

Q: Where can guests park at CTS?

A: The front of the building near the fountain and main entrance.

Q: If I have a Butler issued parking sticker or temporary parking badge, where can I park?

A: In the parking lot on the west side of the main building, including the parking areas leading up to the Counseling Center and the Hospitality House.

Q: How do I request a temporary parking pass?

A: Speak with Sarah Evans in the President’s Office, or Bethany Scott in the Dean’s Office.

Q: How do I get a parking sticker for my vehicle?

A: Go to the Butler Parking Services office, located in suite 500 of the Butler Parking Garage (4702 Sunset Ave., Indianapolis, IN 46208). Before going, please make sure you have a valid CTS or Butler ID.

Q: How do I file a Title IX complaint?

A: Contact Rebecca Arnott at (317) 931-3200 or at rarnott@cts.edu.

Q: How can I request counseling from the CTS Counseling Center?

A: Contact Ashley Brown Herndon, MFT, at (317) 931-2379 ext. 5115