People have long gathered together to experience God through beauty and symmetry. And one of the most striking venues for coming together is the CTS Grand Courtyard, a stunning green space framed at one end by the striking bell tower of Sweeney Chapel and surrounded by a canopy of trees. Originally designed as a modern version of a monastic cloister, we envision improvements that will set the stage for welcoming the entire community where people will play, reflect, explore and worship.
Please make a donation to the Momentum Campaign today. To make a pledge to the Momentum Campaign, contact Alison Kothe.
Grand Courtyard Upgrades:
- Planting of a double-row canopy of trees on three sides of the Courtyard
- Ground cover addition with under planting of spring bulbs
- Construction of bluestone terraces at three Courtyard entrances
- Addition of outdoor tables and chairs on bluestone terraces
- Crushed granite walkways with benches
- Exterior lighting upgrade
- Grass/turf restoration with bluestone edge
- Connection to the hillside overlooking the canal and White River
- Limited removal and reuse of bluestone at Chapel area