: Part-Time Hourly Non-Exempt (approx. 8-10 hours/week mid-August to mid-May)
QUALIFICATIONS: Masters Degree or higher in Mental Health Counseling or Marriage and Family Therapy. This person must have worked under supervision for at least 20 months or more post graduate. Must be currently state licensed as a LMHC, LMFT, or LCSW.
JOB SUMMARY: Staff counselor will provide counseling services; individual, marriage and family therapy, child therapy, group therapy when appropriate; and testing; to CTS students, staff, faculty, and their families. Provide case management of these clients as is appropriate.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provide counseling to CTS students, staff, faculty, and their families.
- Keep absolute clear boundaries between these clients and the rest of the counseling center, including faculty, supervisors, and other counselors. The CTS psychiatrist is an exception to this, and staff counselor and the clients may consult with CTS psychiatrist as is appropriate.
- All supervision and/or consultation received on these clients will be done with a supervisor/consultant outside of the CTS system (CTS psychiatrist being an exception). Such person must be agreed upon by the clinical director and the staff counselor.
- Keep files up to date and secured on all clients, including appropriate sign-offs.
- Set and collect fees according to the counseling center policy. File for all insurances including Medicaid and Medicare where appropriate. All fees will be turned into CTS as per current policy. All policies in the Counselors’ Handbook such as; operations, ethics, reporting requirements, paperwork processing, do apply, except where this document states differently it shall supersede the Handbook.
- Provide one evening of supervisor on-call support in coordination with clinic director.
- Cooperate with our billing agent and staff coordinator on administrative policies, procedures, and processes as is appropriate.
Please send a cover letter and resume addressed to Rick Brown, CTS Human Resources, at firstname.lastname@example.org.