The Senior Administrator of Accounting is part of the Business Office and is responsible for restricted funds accounting, general accounting, financial reporting support, and tax support for CTS. Other duties include a range of general administration responsibilities specific to the position..
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Prepare and record monthly and quarterly transactions in accounting system for all other funds
including Unrestricted, Loan, Grant, Affiliated Organizations and Plant. Review monthly transactions for errors
- Work with appropriate staff to correct. Perform all monthly account reconciliations including but not limited to receivables, payables, revenue, cash, and fund balances.
- Coordinate with staff to prepare payroll entries and review regular reports from payroll system to ensure accuracy of payroll data.
- Maintain fixed asset records and record fixed asset transactions
- Prepare and maintain fiscal year end work papers.
Financial Reporting Support:
- Assist with the preparation of ad hoc financial reports as needed and variance analysis. Work with Seminary Advancement to ensure gift and contribution reporting is accurate.
- Coordinate with departmental budget managers on individual transaction questions.
- Create and analyze aging schedules and other reports including grant reports.
- Track and ensure compliance with all grant accounting and financial reporting.
- Prepare all federal, state, and local tax returns and corresponding work papers.
- Work with the Director of Finance on tax issues including but not limited to international taxation, payroll taxation, UBIT, etc.
- Determine imputed taxable income for payroll and self-employment reimbursement to ordained ministers that claim self-employment for Social Security purposes.
- Serve as back-up for payroll and employee benefit processes.
- Assist auditors during review.
- Provide work papers, data, and documentation as appropriate. Prepare government and legal reports as necessary.
- Responsible for the timely completion of other duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor degree required (business, accounting, or finance preferred)
- A minimum of two years of relevant experience as an accountant is required
- High level of knowledge in the area of accounting, financial controls, and information systems is required
- Advanced computer skills required (including a working knowledge of Excel, Word, Access, and PowerPoint)
- Excellent judgment and decision-making abilities required
- Ability to interpret and evaluate policy and procedural requirements and analyze data required
- Effective written and oral communication skills required
- Organizational and interpersonal skill required
- Ability to work under pressure and with frequent requests from multiple sources, each having their own timelines and constraints, and with all levels administrative staff required
- Experience with higher education accounting systems including Jenzabar is preferred
- Solid knowledge of fund accounting is preferred
Please send a cover letter and resume addressed to Rick Brown, CTS Human Resources, at email@example.com.