TITLE: Maintenance Operating Engineer - Electrical
REPORTS TO: Director of Facilities Maintenance
FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt
PAYROLL STATUS: Hourly
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: Associate's Degree or equivalent from a two year college or technical school; plus four to six years related experience; ability to read blue prints and shop drawings.
JOB SUMMARY: Principle duties will involve the installation, repair and maintenance of electrical systems and equipment. In addition, participate in other crafts' work such as plumbing, carpentry, maintenance, grounds keeping, moving and setup. Back-up to Director Facilities Maintenance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform major and minor repair and installation of electrical equipment and wiring, according to assignments by the Director, work orders and seriousness of problems.
- Determine need for assistance with electrical work and assign tasks to other maintenance staff; provide instruction for these assignments.
- Periodically inspect wiring and equipment and serve as trouble shooter in identifying causes of problems.
- Participates in repair and construction of furniture and other carpentry related work.
- Participate in the general maintenance and repair of heating and cooling systems.
- Participate in maintenance and repair of plumbing systems.
- Participate in the moving and setup of furniture and movable equipment, including loading and unloading. This occurs on a daily basis and requires close scheduling with the Business Office and the Director of Facilities Maintenance.
- Use various tools to perform assigned duties, such as radial power saw, drill press, power band saw, jack plane, hand drill; operate lawn mower, trucks, tractors, and various hand tools.
- Determine materials and supplies needed to perform tasks; make arrangements for ordering and retrieving.
- Participate in general building maintenance of all buildings and in opening/security procedures.
- Function as back-up to Director of Facilities Maintenance when he/she is either absent or away from the building for an extended period of time. In this capacity, delegated to schedule other physical plant work staff and function as contact person for VP for Finance.
- Cover weekends and opening and closing the building when necessary.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: The person in this job must possess a clean driving record with the Indiana Bureau of Motor Vehicles and a current, valid Indiana driver's license. Electrical Certification.
CRITICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to walk and talk and hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move more than 100 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places and risk of electrical shock. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme heat and extreme cold. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
WORK SCHEDULE AND TRAVEL: The employee's normal work hours are: 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. The employee frequently works overtime hours in this job, including second shift. While performing the duties of this job, the employee has no overnight travel. The employee but must be accessible via a seminary provided cellular phone and available in the event of emergencies or when needed to meet the ongoing missions of the seminary
Resume, letter of interest and three references or any questions may be directed to Dick Davis email@example.com