REPORTS TO: Director of Communications
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
PAYROLL STATUS: Salaried
Concept, design and complete printed and digital materials that promote the seminary and support its many and varied initiatives. Join the Communications team in contributing ideas and solutions to the seminary. Be a visual problem-solver.
EDUCATION AND/OR QUALIFICATIONS
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with CTS colleagues and partners to collect information and materials, and plan, present and finalize concepts. Be assertive about getting complete information before starting work. Establish consensus on approach.
- Design products including a weekly e-newsletter, e-invitations, printed materials, monitor screens, promotional items, booth materials, etc. Work through approval process and finalize to meet deadlines.
- Gather estimates from vendors and choose best options; consider costs when making design choices.
- Maintain photo, logo and font libraries.
- Assist with basic photography and video shoots.
- Weigh in on website design decisions, especially during planned website redesign. Serve as backup to website manager to update website.
- Contribute to strategic marketing plans.
CRITICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
WORK SCHEDULE AND TRAVEL
This is a full-time position with hours set in conjunction with the Director of Communications. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may have moderate (< 30%) overnight travel.
Resume, letter of interest, references and samples or link to online portfolio should be sent to Liz Joss, email@example.com
. Preference will be given to applications received before October 30, 2015.