Report to: Vice President of Academic Affairs/Dean of the Faculty
FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt
Payroll Status: Hourly
Education and Qualifications: Associate degree or equivalent plus 2-4 years of experience in an office managerial position. Ability to manage multiple tasks under pressure of deadline; ability to maintain confidentiality; strong interpersonal skills; high level of computer proficiency.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate the daily flow, resourcing and hospitality of the Dean's Office
- In consultation with the Dean, coordinate faculty support, including oversight of work study students and communication with CTS lecturers and affiliate faculty
- Provide administrative support for faculty committee work, including attending faculty and academic council meetings and overseeing materials for the work of the faculty review committee
- With the Dean, monitor the application of current academic procedures and policies
- With the Dean, coordinate future course listings and schedules and communicate those regularly to the CTS community
- Coordinate occasional special events (Honors Day, for example) and ongoing seminary events, such as soliciting and scheduling forum events
- Assist with the compilation and revising of pertinent sections of the CTS Catalog in coordination with those who are responsible for other parts of the catalog
- Provide support for the Dean's work, which includes teaching, scholarly pursuits and service to the church and world
- Perform other related tasks as assigned, including responding to requests and monitoring work related to ADA, SEVIS, Assessment Collection and Readiness for Ministry
Critical Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Work Schedule and Travel: This is a full-time position with hours set in conjunction with the supervisor. While performing the duties of this job, the employee has minimal overnight travel.
Resume, letter of interest and references sent to Bill Kincaid firstname.lastname@example.org