The Director of Strategic Communications will be responsible for the planning, development and execution of strategic marketing communications initiatives to promote the brand, programs and services of Christian Theological Seminary. Emphasis will be on brand strategy and promotion, writing, management, and revision of digital products (websites, etc.).
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Research, develop, implement and evaluate annual and ongoing marketing communications plan to promote the brand, programs and services of the seminary.
- Advise the President, senior leadership, faculty, and departmental leadership on marketing and strategic opportunities to advance the mission of the seminary, especially while current change initiatives are underway.
- Advise the President, senior leadership, and departmental leadership in crisis communication situations.
- Propose and implement revisions and redesigns of CTS.edu.
- Write, organize and manage production of weekly e-newsletter.
- Gather, write and edit content for CTS.edu, lobby monitor and other e-materials to support the marketing efforts of various seminary departments.
- Support the President in developing strategies and messages for monthly Presidential communications, and general publicity initiatives that elevate awareness of the President’s leadership and vision for the seminary in local, regional, and national settings.
- Supervise Communications department staff.
- Develop and monitor marketing communications budget, in collaboration with the EVP.
- Collaborate to ensure proper posting of content on CTS.edu, lobby monitor, the President’s blog and other e-materials.
- Collaborate to distribute e-content such as newsletters, news blasts, etc.
- Write, edit and supervise production of select print and broadcast materials in cooperation with various departments of the seminary.
- Manage a network of freelance public relations counselors, graphic designers, photographers and videographers, among others, to support the implementation of annual marketing communications plan.
- Gather, write and edit content for internal communications, as requested and as needed.
- Research, negotiate and manage all advertising contracts.
- Research, negotiate and manage communications vendor contracts.
- Coordinate trade show logistics and communications as needed.
- Assist in the preparation and promotion of commencement, convocations and other seminary events as needed.
- Represent the seminary at appropriate community and church-related functions, as assigned.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Degree in marketing, public relations, or related field such as journalism
- Five to seven years of experience, at least
- Capable of developing sound marketing strategies while implementing communications tactics boldly and flawlessly
- Skills required include marketing planning, news writing/editing and project management
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks with demanding deadlines and maintain confidentiality
- Strong interpersonal skills and high level of comfort dealing with the public and internal clients
- Must have an understanding of the changing digital communication landscape including social media, and experience and demonstrated skill in directing and implementing communication initiatives in this changing digital culture.
Please send a cover letter and resume addressed to Verity Jones, Executive Vice President, via Kenetha Stanton, email@example.com